Friday, November 20, 2015

Across the Street

Olympus OMD E-M1 with the M. Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8, 79mm at f/4, 1/4" exposure.

I give this Pizza Boli's the stare down almost every night. It's a simple pizza shop, but there's a weird quality of the light coming off of it, alone on a dark corner just across the street from my apartment. There's often cars parked in front of it and random individuals loitering next to its rarely-used outdoor seating area. Just a neat space to watch.

Despite living here nearly 4 years, yesterday was the first time I stopped to photograph it. There are actually a lot of neat spaces on the street in front of my building that deserve to be photographed, but for some reason I've had difficulty mustering up the motivation to shoot them. Perhaps last night's shot will be enough to open those flood gates of untapped creative potential lurking just outside my front door.

Oh, and the pizza at this place is pretty stellar. A bit on the greasy side, but heavy on the cheese, and I definitely like my pizza heavy on the cheese (even if I regret it later).

No comments:

Post a Comment