Monday, January 16, 2017

Faux Album Covers



I never futzed about with the text tool in Snapseed before, never really considered it a value add in my mobile photography exploits before. While killing time between shoots this weekend, I ended up wandering around the Naval Yard neighborhood that has been an up and coming project of the north of of DC's southeast waterfront, snapping at random just to occupy time. None of these photos above are particularly compelling on their own, but exploring the application of text to make faux album covers, the took on a new sort of life that I'm quite the fan of. Seems like the kind of thing I'd like to continue exploring in the future, simply for sake of being tickled by the subtle application of design logic to still images. Takes me back to my early web design days.

No comments:

Post a Comment